The City of New Albany utilizes the Mayor-Council-Manager form of government, which combines the strong political leadership of elected officials with the reliable managerial experience of an appointed manager.
Our City Manager, Joseph Stefanov, is appointed by City Council to:
- Oversee implementation of Council-enacted policies
- Ensure effective delivery of services to New Albany residents and businesses
- Act as the CEO for the city on a day-to-day basis
- Direct department heads and consultants
- Report city business to Council
- Coordinate and direct the budget process
- Implement all fiscal, planning and infrastructure programs
The City Manager and office staff oversee human resources, community engagement efforts, and special events. Legal counsel is currently provided by Frost Brown Todd, LLP.
The 2013 City of New Albany Annual Report is now available below for your review. Thanks to New Albany resident Robert Sohovich for use of the cover photo.