Trick-or-Treat on October 31
6:00-8:00pm 5:30 – 7:00 PM
Due to weather concerns and upon the recommendation of the Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission, the City of New Albany and most other central Ohio communities is moving up Trick or Treat time to 5:30 – 7:00 pm tonight.
Unfortunately, the weather forecast calls for potentially severe later tonight during the original hours which may result in unsafe conditions for trick or treating due to high winds and rain. Parents and residents who choose to participate in this annual tradition are urged to stay alert to changing weather conditions to ensure everyone remains safe.
- Walk on the sidewalk, not in the street.
- Look both ways before crossing the street to check for cars.
- Cross the street at the corner only.
- Don’t hide between parked cars.
- Wear light colored or reflective type clothing so you are more visible.
- Plan your route with your family. Adults should accompany children if they can keep up!
- Carry a flashlight.
- Keep away from open fires and candles.
- Visit homes that have their porch light on.
- Accept treats at the door but never enter a stranger’s home.
- Use face paint! Masks can cover your eyes.
- Be cautious of animals and strangers.
- Have an adult inspect your candy before you dig in. Don’t eat any candy that has been opened.