Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
- Do not leave purchased items visible in the car. Put them in the trunk or cover them.
- Park in areas of parking lots that have adequate lighting; when possible, go shopping with someone else.
- Make sure purses and wallets are secure on your person and you are aware of their location at all times.
- Keep the amount of available cash you have at a minimum or separate it into different pockets or locations on or about your person. This way all of it is not lost if your purse or wallet is misplaced or stolen.
- Keep track of all cards and keep receipts to compare to your monthly statement.
- Remain aware of your surroundings at all times and move to and from your vehicle with a purpose.
- Have keys ready before getting to your car so you do not have to search for them while standing near it.
- Report suspicious people or activity to law enforcement immediately!